In Matthew 28 Jesus instructs us to “go and make disciples of all nations.” There are many ways to do this. As a Vineyard Church, a part of our core values is to Engage in Passionate Ministry and to Pursue Culturally Relevant Mission in the World. Simply put: the church must leave the building. Therefore Vineyard Westside provides mission opportunities both near and far from home. Our objectives on these trips include:
Carrying out the VWS mission: To bring the incredible life of Jesus to the Lost and the Broken.
- Of course being a Vineyard church we like to do this in practical ways.
- Lost and Broken can take on many forms and isn’t directly tied to how much money or possessions that we have. The Lost and the Broken might be the local people or it might be the folks traveling and working beside you.
Creating more missionaries.
- Ephesians 2 tells us that we are God’s handiwork and that he has prepared great things in advance for us to do. For some of us that includes mission work. We provide an opportunity for anyone to experience the true joy that comes as a result of being selfless. For those that are called this can open the door to living a life of doing what you were created for.
Building relationships within Vineyard Westside.
- The local church is about rellationship and the more we have with each other the healthier we are and the healthier our church is. We’re not designed to go it alone.
- This is not meant to be exclusionary. All are welcome to join on a trip regardless of affiliation.
If you would like to learn more about our current mission trips and missionaries please click HERE.
CAN’T GO? You can still GIVE. Click HERE and choose the trip you want to contribute toward in the drop down menu, then add the mission member name in the memo line if you are sponsoring someone, otherwise you can leave the memo blank.